Have fun at one and try them both! RunYak Sunday July 19, 2020 and Paddle N Run Sunday August 23, 2020. Series participants will receive a Custom Colors Event Tank. All finishers will receive a handcrafted award from a local artist, post race food and fun! Participants can enter solo or tandem divisions for one or both events. Don't have a kayak? No worries rental is available during check out. More info at www.erc-events.com/runyak--paddle-n-run
Questions can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3K RUN/WALK, 1.2K LAKE PADDLE, 3K RUN/WALK
SOLO AND TANDEM DIVISIONS
SUNDAY JULY 21, 2019
BALD MOUNTAIN STATE RECREATION AREA
LAKE ORION, MI
RACE START 8:30 AM
CHECK-IN START 10:00 AM
- This event is for all skill and fitness levels with solo and tandem divisions
- Participants can bring own kayak or SUP
- A limited number of kayaks are available for rent, sorry no SUP rentals
- Personal water craft needs to be in transition by 9:30 am
- Runyak kayak rental is $35 during the registration check-out
- SOLO DIVISION $30. Add $10 for onsite registration
- TANDEM DIVISION $60. Add $20 for onsite registration
Athletes will begin the first leg of this multisport event with a 3K trail run ending at the beach area. Athletes will then get their water craft and paddle the lake course. Back in transition athletes drop off their water craft and go out on the run course for a second time before hitting the finish line. Tandem division consists of #1 teammate running the first leg, both teammates kayaking in a tandem kayak, #2 teammate running the final run leg.
Volunteers will assist athletes with getting kayaks in/out of the water. All participants will be required to wear a PFD during the paddle portion of the event. Athletes can bring own kayak or stand-up paddle board. Kayak rental ($35) is available during the registration process for the event. Participants that rent a kayak will be required to sign an additional waiver onsite prior to obtaining their equipment. If your plans include kayak rental please arrive early to take care of the details.
If weather conditions should present the event may be delayed, modified to a land-only event or cancelled. ERC is committed to participant safety as our top priority. Due to the nature of the event refunds cannot be given for any reason.
PADDLE N RUN
5K RIVER PADDLE, 5K RUN/WALK
SOLO OR RELAY DIVISIONS
SUNDAY AUGUST 23, 2020
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, MI (22 Mile entrance)
RACE START 9:00 AM
CHECK-IN START 7:45 AM
- This event is for all levels of paddling and running!
- Paddle and Run/Walk will be chip timed in segments
- Check-in begins at 7:45 am at the Maple View Pavilion
- Kayaks will be starting in waves beginning at 9:00 am
- SOLO DIVISION $30. Add $10 for onsite registration. Kayak rental is $25
- 2-PERSON RELAY DIVISION $60. Add $20 for onsite registration. Kayak rental is $25
A unique adventure... 5K Paddle (Kayak) along the Clinton River from River Bends Park to Heritage Park in Utica, followed by a 5K Run/Walk back to River Bends along the scenic bike path and trails. All participants receive a swag item as well as awards to overall winners and top relay teams. A BBQ for everyone following the event. Event can be done solo or as a team (1 paddler, 1 runner). All participants will be required to wear a PFD during the paddle portion of the event. Bring your own kayak or select the category that includes rental when registering. Kayak rentals are limited to 90 and provided by the Clinton River Canoe & Kayak. Relay members will be transported to and from Heritage Park. If bringing your own kayak it is the responsibility of the athlete to arrange